If you have CertainTeed Weatherboards™ Fiber Cement Siding installed on your property,
your legal rights will be affected whether you act or don't act.
CertainTeed will pay $103.9 million to settle the Class Action if approved by the Court.
- CertainTeed Corporation and representatives of owners of buildings on which the Siding had been installed reached a proposed class action settlement. The settlement is intended to resolve disputes between the parties about the performance of the Siding. This proposed class action settlement covers the entire United States.
- You must file a Claim Form and have an Eligible Claim as defined in the Agreement in order to receive a remedy under the Agreement. You have six years from the Effective Date (see below) to file a Claim Form.
- You are a Settlement Class Member if:
- As of September 30, 2013, you owned a home, residence, building, or other structure in the United States, on which the Siding was installed on or before September 30, 2013.
- If you are a Settlement Class Member, you are only eligible for a remedy under the Agreement if you have an Eligible Claim. Briefly, this means that your Siding exhibits Qualifying Damage pursuant to the criteria set forth in the Agreement. You may also file a claim if you purchased a building on which the Siding was installed on or before September 30, 2013, and the seller did not retain the right to make a claim.
- If you owned a building on which the Siding was installed on or before September 30, 2013, but sold it, you may file a claim only if (a) the purchaser assigned that right to you in writing, AND (b) your claim package is postmarked no later than the later of 180 days after the Effective Date of the Settlement Agreement or the settlement on the sale of the building. You must submit the written assignment of the claim with your claim package.
- The Court in charge of this case has not yet decided whether or not to approve the settlement.
- No payments to Class Members will be made until after the Court approves the settlement and after any possible appeals are resolved.
- ★ Claim Form
- ★ Long Form Notice
- ★ Order and Stipulation re: Extension of Warranty
- Formulario de Reclamo (Claim Form Español)
- Notificación de Acuerdo (Long Form Notice Español)
- Agreement of Compromise and Settlement
- ★ How do I know if I have the Siding that is the subject of this lawsuit?
- ★ What is Qualifying Damage?
- ★ Claim Value Estimation Calculator
- ★ Sample Pictures of Qualified Siding
- Do the amounts paid under the settlement for labor costs include the cost of removing and disposing of the Siding that is being replaced?
- What happens at the end of the six-year Claim Period? Does the settlement extinguish or have any effect on the 25 year or 50 year limited warranty that came with the purchase of your Siding?